The Sakchyam Access to Finance for the Poor Programme (Sakchyam) is an initiative funded by UKaid as part of an agreement between the Governments of Nepal and the UK. It is implemented by Louis Berger for the Department for International Development (DFID Nepal) in partnership with local and international institutions. Sakchyam is working with the public and private sectors to leverage access and facilitate financial sector development in Nepal for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and for poor people with a focus on Karnali Province, Province No. 5 & 7, and beyond.
To do so, the programme focuses on three main outputs:
- Improved SME Finance as banks and other financial institutions provide more and better products and services to these enterprises.
- Strengthened capacity of microfinance financial institutions (MFIs) as well as other formal and semi-formal financial institutions, to provide services in selected districts
- Improved financial capability of enterprises and households in priority districts
It has also established the Sakchyam Challenge Fund that attracts and leverages private sector proposals that encourage innovative, new products and services aimed at poor people and communities, which deliver socio-economic benefits to a large number of poor people, but are still commercially-sustainable.
The Programme is looking to fill the following position:
Position: Admin-Finance & Programme Coordinator (1 position)
Duty Location: Kathmandu (With frequent field visits)
Expected Start Date: December 2018
The Admin-Finance and Programme Coordinator will be an integral member of the Programme and Admin Finance team. The position will work in close coordination with Admin, Finance and Programme teams.
Following are the main duties to be performed by this position:
1. Admin & Finance Support – 30%
- Coordinate day to day office/programme logistics and administration work such as reservations, ticketing, travel tracking etc. related to training, events, field visits, etc.
- Process procurement requests and manage petty cash
- Process Tax entries (E-TDS), deposits and verifications.
- Assist in online payroll entries
- Provide backstopping support on keeping up-to-date of documents, files, databases and activities relating to admin/finance/HR
2. Programme Support – 70% time
- Regular update of Sakchyam’s deliverables, work plans and other documentation
- Compile monthly/quarterly/annual updates from component leads and prepare the draft reports for submission to the Programme Support Manager
- Support in relationship management with DFID, Steering Committee and other stakeholders
- Participate in meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Support in development of dissemination materials (reports, PowerPoints, etc)
- Manage the structuring and filing of all official Sakchyam documents on the ‘cloud’.
- Ensure proper storage and filing of program management correspondence with the Steering Committee/DFID and other counterparty agencies.
- Develop and maintain a database of the project for regional and local experts and of project stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Support in preparation of internal audits; reviews and assessments studies by working closely with other components of the Sakchyam programme
- Manage field offices to ensure their contribution to the programme
- Support Technical Teams in prepares of reports, proposals, case studies, etc.
- Coordinate with Technical Teams to ensure timely submission of deliverables as per the agreed workplan
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
Reporting: Candidate will report to
- Programme Manager
- Finance & Administrative Manager
Minimum Qualifications and Experiences
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, Masters’ degree in business administration, economics.
- 2 years of working experience in the relevant field. Priority will be given to candidates having working experience in financial service sector/ relevant donor funded programmes.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Nepali, both in writing and speaking.
- Ability to work in tight deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Nepalese national, able to travel within Nepal.
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience and qualifications will be offered to the right candidate for the above-mentioned position. Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae with a cover letter stating the motivation for applying and salary expectation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. The deadline for receipt of applications is 5 PM Nepal local time, November 25, 2018.