The Sakchyam Access to Finance Programme (Sakchyam) is an initiative funded by UKaid as part of a bilateral agreement between the Governments of Nepal and the UK. It is implemented by WSP USA Solutions Inc. (WSP) for UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) in partnership with international and local institutions.
The Programme works with the public and private sectors to leverage access and facilitate financial sector development in Nepal for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) as well as low-income households. The Programme has three main components: Component I to support Banks and Financial Institutions to improve SME Financing; Component II to strengthen the capacity of Microfinance Financial Institutions (MFIs) and cooperatives to improve service delivery; and Component III to increase the financial capability of households and enterprises.
Duty Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
LOE: Up to 40 days (June through middle of August ’21)
Expected Start Date: June, 2021
The role of the Communication Consultant is to conceptualize, plan and implement the organization’s internal and external communications as well as be responsible for generating learning and knowledge within WSP’s programmes and communicating such information externally to develop the programme’s profile.
- Contribute to the implementation of the programme’s Communication & Outreach Strategy
- Prepare and edit content for, as well as maintain, the programme’s website, to create updated information about programme’s key activities and partnerships as well as maintain it as an Information Hub
- Update the programme’s social media platforms with relevant and timely information
- Support the overall programme as well as key components in creating communication materials to introduce the programme’s key activities and recent updates
- Take lead in planning and organizing periodic physical/virtual events to engage implementing partners and stakeholders and gather feedback.
- Take lead in communicating programme activity updates and news of the programme to national, local and regional media through national dailies, magazines, television, radio, online platforms, etc.
- Support the programme partner institutions, on need basis, in implementing their communication plans and media campaigns; designing and implementing innovative communication initiatives to create awareness regarding new products and services launched by partner institutions in mostly rural landscapes
- Maintain the programme’s internal and external communication needs
- Take lead in collating information from technical teams for regular reporting to British Embassy, Kathmandu.
- Support technical teams in finalising deliverable reports with editing.
- Take lead in planning and executing various activities to mark the closure of the programme including documentation and dissemination of the programme’s interventions and legacy; end of the project event capturing the lessons learned and showcasing the achievements, among others
Reporting: The candidate will report to the Team Leader
Minimum Qualifications and Experiences:
- At least 5 years of work experience in Development Communication, preferably in the private sector and/or multi-year development projects. Previous work experience with national level (English) media is preferred
- A Bachelor’s level degree in Mass Communications or any equivalent degree; a post-graduate degree is preferable
- Fluency in spoken English and Nepali
- English written communication skills are a must for this position
- Prior experience in drafting releases; stories and blogs in English for prominent business dailies or publications
- Fluency in using office software such as MS Word, MS PowerPoint and other presentation tools; basic knowledge of photo and video editing is preferable
- Experience in enabling and maintaining a web presence for projects
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize and manage a sometimes-conflicting workload and absorb large amounts of information easily and accurately
- The maturity to analyze complex and sometimes politically sensitive issues against a multi-cultural backdrop
- The ability to work as part of a team, helping to develop and work towards shared goals and objectives and
- Should be willing to travel outside Kathmandu on short notice
Interested individual candidates should submit their curriculum vitae with a cover letter stating the motivation for applying, compensation expectation and a copy of their Nepalese citizenship certificate to email@example.com
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The subject should clearly mention, “Your name and the position you are applying for”.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5 PM Nepal local time, June 3, 2021.