District Activity ProfilesSeptember 24, 2015
The districts profiled here are programme areas where Sakchyam has ongoing and proposed interventions to expand access to finance for rural poor populations. The profiles clearly mention the logic behind the Sakchyam team’s interest and initiatives in the district, ongoing and proposed interventions, and outcomes of such interventions so far. These are dynamic documents and are updated periodically to reflect ground realities.
In order to select these priority districts, the programme has a set of 10 criteria to guide its selection and phasing in of programme interventions. These include:
- Level of Economic Activity
- Value Chains of Promise
- Embedded footprint of Financial Institutions
- Evidence of defined business opportunities
- Level of enthusiasm within the community
- Scaling up potential with other programmes
- Banks, Cooperatives, FI, partnership possibilities for increased outreach/penetration
- Proximity to other VDCs with defined AFP Intervention
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) mainstreaming possibilities
- Likelihood of Quick Wins
Districts will be rated as High, Medium or Low on each of these parameters and the final ratings will be given (Read District Prioritisation for complete information).