Position: Value Chain Advisor (1 position)
Duty Location:Kathmandu/Jhapa (With frequent field visits)
Expected Start Date: June 2018
The position holder will work with the selected partner financial institutions (FI) of Sakchyam to facilitate (them) to strengthen agricultural value chain linkages in their projects and help design appropriate financial products and services suitable to value chain actors. The position holder should possess adequate knowledge and working experiences in Livestock, Poultry and Dairy value chains, with in-depth understanding of the financial, non-financial and technical needs of the different value chain actors.
- Mapping of Livestock, Poultry and Dairy value chains in Sakchyam priority districts and different development partners/agencies promoting those value chains. It should lead to identification of the gaps, unserved areas issues in these value chains, with focus on financing gaps;
- Review and develop different non-financial services design, training and orientation programs aiming to strengthen the capacity of the value chain actors;
- Support in design and launch of financial products and services to address the financing need of targeted value chain actors;
- Provide support to partner FIs to develop their understanding of specific value chains, associated risks and mitigation tools. It should lead to increased capacity of the staff of partner banks in conducting financial feasibility, credit appraisal and risk assessment for sound lending decisions; and
- Support in monitoring (on site and off site) of the agreed project activities.
Candidates will report to the SME Financing Lead
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- More than 5 years of working experience in Livestock, Poultry and Dairy value chains.
- Experience of coordinating with financial service providers (e.g., microfinance institutions, cooperatives, banks) and government, non-government entities/projects and INGOs on related issues.
- Preferred experience in rural regions of Nepal, with extensive experience in Province No. 5,6 and 7;
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and oral;
- Ability to work in tight deadlines
- Nepalese national, able to live and travel throughout Nepal.
An attractive remuneration package, commensurate with experience and qualifications will be offered to the right candidates for the above-mentioned position. Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae with a cover letter stating the motivation for applying and salary expectation at email@example.com. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. The deadline for receipt of applications is 5 PM Nepal local time, May 4, 2018.